I don’t know if you are like me, but there are just some days I’m trying to pull it together and I don’t have time to get all dolled up! (Like basically everyday that I’m not working on a shoot…..!!) I was reminded this weekend when A: I wanted to go to my gym class but not look like a TOTAL NIGHTMARE, and B: When I hadn’t left the house all day but wanted to run to the grocery store and not have to leave my sunglasses on inside…..YOU FEEL ME?
Hopefully if you are reading this, you are just like me and love looking pretty, but want to figure out how to do it in the simplest and quickest way possible. That’s what this post is all about! So this was my real life this past weekend when I was heading out to the store. This isn’t going to be a full face of makeup, but let’s call it the SURVIVAL KIT if you only have a quick minute and want to make some magic happen! THE TWO MINUTE MAKEUP!
Here’s the breakdown of what you need:
1. Even if you are going sans makeup, you still NEED TO MOISTURIZE. This is a MUST, and there are NO EXCUSES! I have been using the Kate Somerville Deep Tissue Repair, and I’m loving it! Now this is more of an intense moisturizer for girls like me that are trying to fight the signs of aging, and this cream delivers. It firms, fills, moisturizes, and smooths. I’ve been using it day and night. I also love her Goat Milk Cream, which is calming, has lactic acid, and witch hazel. (Side note: can we talk about the packaging on these creams? They are a push pump so you are only dispensing the product that you need, and not dipping dirty fingers into the product….GENIUS!)
2. Curl your lashes. Talk about opening up your eyes and making you look brighter! I was skipping this step for a while (shame on me) and have gotten back into it and realized it makes all the difference! Start at the base of your lashes, and walk it out. It usually takes 3-4 squeezes. The best of the best eyelash curler (in my opinion) is the Shu Uemura. The Japanese know what they are doing when it comes to lashes, and this one is incredible. I also love as an alternative this one from Tweezerman.
3. CONCEAL. No brainer…..now yes since this is 2 minute makeup we don’t have time for a full face of foundation, but we ALWAYS have time for concealer! Always conceal your under eyes and inner corners of the eyes, and if you get discoloration on your eyelids (like I do) tap a little concealer there as well. Since we are skipping foundation, also conceal anywhere else that needs a little more love. (Example: blemishes, sunspots, or extra redness around the nose or mouth.) Just a quick couple of taps with your fingers pressing the concealer into your skin, and you’ll be feeling like a million bucks. I’m sure by now you know my love for the Maybelline Master Conceal, but it just is the best. Give it a try and you’ll see what I mean!
4. Mascara is an instant eye opener! We are skipping shadows, liners, etc, but a little mascara never hurt anyone! I just barely got my hands on this new mascara from Stila, and it is my new OBSESSION! It really lifts, fills, and lengthens….and it’s hard to put into words….but the texture of the mascara is AMAZING. I’ve tested and tried MANY mascaras, and this one is my new favorite that makes me excited to put mascara on again. They are just barely launching this product, so make sure to give it a try, and you will NOT be disappointed. In fact, you will probably be praising me everyday when you are getting ready! Stila HUGE EXTREME LASH MASCARA, you rule!
5. Blush it up, and add life into your face. It’s just that simple. Blush brings color, liveliness, and vibrance to the skin. I have been crushing on the new Stila Aqua Glow Watercolor Blushes, but honestly any blush will do. I love that these particular blushes really blend into the skin, so you are looking uber natural and glowy, but have some added color into the cheeks. As an alternative, if you prefer a powder, the Urban Decay Afterglow Long Wear Blushes are also excellent.
6. Brush up them brows! Brow gel is such the hot thing right now! Grow in or out your brows, and add a gel. Fuller, thicker, and a little less groomed is what’s hot, and it’s not going anywhere soon. Brow gels are such a great product, because right now we want to see texture and movement in the brows. Powders can create too solid of a look, and brow gels can tint them and give them color, but also give the best texture. Again, you know I have a deep love affair with Maybelline Brow Drama, and it’s because it really tints and coats the brows, but also holds the brows in place better than any lines I’ve come across.
7. My rule: Your not allowed to leave the house without something on your lips! Even if it’s just a sheer bit of color, you just end up looking better with something! I love any sort of sheer lipsticks or tinted lip balms for this purpose. They moisturize and deposit just a bit of color, and come in any tone imaginable. I love the Sheer Revolution Lipsticks from Urban Decay, and the color Sheer Revolution is a great one to pump up your natural lip color. (It’s also what I’m wearing in the photos.)
In the photo above, (with the left being finished, and the right without any makeup), here is the example of what these 7 steps will do: the best 2 Minutes you’ll ever spend! Of course, the look is still very natural, but it simply brightens, softens, and opens up the face. Look how my face looks lifted from my eyebrows being brushed up, how my eyes are more open, and how my lips look fuller. I also look smoother on my under eyes. It’s simple, but has a huge impact.
Another BONUS: drop an eye drop in each of your eyes. I love using Visine, to get any tiredness or redness out of my eyes. It makes a HUGE difference, especially with my light colored eyes. I do this everyday when I get ready, and sometimes at night before I go out.
That’s all folks! I know that felt wordy to explain, but I promise you it will only take you 2 minutes to achieve. Especially if you follow the steps and stay focused. This is the perfect run out the door survival for whatever your busy life has in store. Remember, even just a little bit makes you feel refreshed, better about yourself, and confident. AND IT’S SO EASY! I hope you enjoy, and write me a comment if you have any questions or would like to see more insight into my product world! Xx