Hourglass Cosmetics: LUXE, yet achievable. Whenever I get the opportunity to go into the store in Venice, I always am in admiration of the details put into this brand: from the store layout, lighting, packaging, innovation, and most importantly QUALITY + PERFORMANCE.
APPLY YOUR OWN FILTER…..THAT’S AMBIENT. There is something different all together about the Ambient Powders, and it’s difficult to put into words until you’ve tried them. They are light, airy, “non powder” looking or feeling, and smooth. They make the skin look beautiful, without looking like you have any makeup on. If you know me, I’m generally a cream girl, so if a powder is impressing me and making me want to use it on repeat, you know it’s got to be good!
The bronzers are a mix of ambient powder and pigment, so it gives the perfect payoff which is never flat or dull. They are buildable, and can be used as a bronzer, or a contour. They come in four shades. I personally love using the Diffused Bronze Light for contouring.
• LUMINOUS BRONZE LIGHT – a medium tan shade fused with Luminous Light, a champagne pearl
powder, for a softer, candlelit warmth. Ideal for fair/light complexions.
• RADIANT BRONZE LIGHT – a warm bronze shade fused with Radiant Light, a golden beige powder, to
mimic a summer glow. Ideal for medium/deep complexions.
• DIFFUSED BRONZE LIGHT [NEW] – a cool bronze shade fused with Diffused Light, a soft, pale yellow powder, to mimic a ray of warm sunlight. Ideal for light/medium complexions.
• NUDE BRONZE LIGHT [NEW] – a neutral bronze shade fused with Nude Light, a soft, translucent powder, to mimic a subtle warmth. Ideal for light/medium complexions.
These bronzing powders are heaven, especially if you want to subtly warm up your skin, and are perfect for giving your skin a nice warm touch without looking fake or “made up”. I think it’s especially important to have a great bronzer, because it’s the solution to keeping your skin out of the sun for anti-aging purposes, but still cheating that summer glow. I never tan my face or let it get in the sun, so a good bronzer is always key. Side note and big tip: When matching your perfect not as tan face because you listen to me and keep it out of the sun compared to the rest of your body, actually stay with matching your paler skin, and warm it up using a bronzing powder. Don’t go slabbing a darker shade of foundation on your face to match your chest, it looks fake and phony. Simply lightly wear your regular match foundation, use a big fluffy brush and start subtly putting your bronzer where it counts on the high points of your face to darken your skin tone and give yourself a nice healthy tan. Got it?
Now, in accompany with these amazing bronzers, we’ve also got blush options. So same concept: mixing the ambient powder with pigment, but with blush tones. They have depth, dimension, an ambient glow, and give a nice natural flush to the cheeks. They too come in four different shades.
• BRILLIANT NUDE – a deep amber blush blended with Brilliant Strobe Light for a lustrous glow.
• EUPHORIC FUSION – a soft lilac blush blended with Euphoric Strobe Light for a resplendent glow.
• IRIDESCENT FLASH – a vivid magenta blush blended with Iridescent Strobe Light for an illuminating glow.
• INCANDESCENT ELECTRA – a cool peach blush blended with Icandescent Strobe Light for a celestial glow.
Each shade is gorgeous, and goes on SO SMOOTH. I love how blendable all of Hourglass’ powders are: the formula is so beautiful it makes applying makeup so easy and seamless.
I highly recommend these, and most anything you try from the line is going to impress you. There has been a lot of thought, innovation, and research put into each product from the Hourglass line. You will get what I mean when I say LUXE…..you can’t help it.